Wednesday 3 January 2007

Are You A Perfectionist?

I always used to believe it was good to be a perfectionist, but it is one of the biggest stumbling blocks to personal success. Perfectionism stops you from taking action until everything is perfect, which of course, it rarely is.
There is an old proverb which says "If it's worth doing' it's worth doing well." Don't let this stop you from getting going. If its worth doing, its worth doing badly at first. You will soon improve. The important thing is getting going, and not being afraid of failure.
The best way to increase your success rate is to increase your failure rate.
George Bernard Shaw said "When I was a young man I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. I didn't want to be a failure, so I did ten times more work." Just get started!
Another of my favourite quotes is from self-made millionaire Mike Litman.
"You don't have to get it right, you just have to get it going"
Please make a start today on that project that you have been putting off for so long. Once you get a bit of momentum going you will find it hard to stop.

No comments: